Information We Collect
- Smilang collects personal information when you register with us, use Smilang products or services or post content on a our website site.
- Smilang may also collect personal information when you enter into promotions or sweepstakes.
- Smilang may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or others.
- Smilang may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
- Smilang uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
Information Use, Sharing and Disclosure
- Smilang does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the Smilang web sites, products and services with others except as described in this policy.
- When you provide personal information through using Smilang you are however sharing your personal information with Smilang.com and its affiliated entities. The use of your personal information by these organizations is subject to this policy.
- We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, Smilang may display targeted advertisements based on personally non-identifiable information (such as browser type and IP address) and/or personal selection (See the Section entitled Third Party Advertising below for more information on how your information is shared with advertisers).
- Smilang may use or share your personal information where it is necessary to complete a transaction, to operate or improve the Smilang products and services, to do something that you have asked us to do, or tell you of products and services that we think may be of interest.
- From time to time, Smilang or a partner, may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake or contest on Smilang.com. You may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate. Smilang may transfer personal information to certain advertising partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
- Where you are contacted with an offer or service based on information you have shared with Smilang, we will do our best to provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such further communications at the time you are contacted, however, in connection with any of our paid products and services (i.e., products or services that you license or use for a fee), we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to those products and services, such as service announcements, and administrative messages, that are considered part of your Smilang.com account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- When you register on Smilang.com, Smilang collects user-submitted account information such as name, email address and age to identify users and send notifications related to the use of the service. Smilang also collects user-submitted profile information, including additional contact information, location, biographical information and photos. This additional profile information will assist other users in finding and communicating with you.
- Smilang will display your full name on your profile as well as any other user-submitted profile information on your profile.
- When you post a message on a Smilang through our messaging service, you are responsible for any information you send to the receiving user.
- When you post on another user’s wall on Smilang, you consent that the content might be seen by any visitors or a certain group depending on that user’s privacy settings.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Smilang may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- In the course of operating our business it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate Smilang and our business.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
Smilang may occasionally obtain IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our web sites. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting Smilang.com’s web sites from specific geographical regions.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
- Provide more relevant advertisements to you.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use Smilang services or products that require you to “sign in” and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
- Smilanguses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
– Require you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
– Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using the Smilang.com Sites, Products and Services.
– Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
– Conduct research to improve the content and services provided on the Smilang.com Sites, Products and Services.
– Ensure that visitors are not repeatedly offered the same advertisements and to customize advertising based on browser type and user profile information.
- Smilang.com lets other entities that show advertisements or provide services on some of our web pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, and not this policy. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to Smilang.com’s cookies.
Confidentiality and Security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we take reasonable measures to secure it on our systems.
If Smilang learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using Smilang.com or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of those sites, products and services. We may post a notice on our applicable web sites if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the applicable web sites. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at [email protected]
Changing your Preferences and Personal Information
You can edit your account information with Smilang at any time. Most personal information you may provide is entirely optional. For example, to the extent that parents are considering whether to permit their children to use Smilang, we do not condition a child’s participation based upon their provision of any more personal information than is necessary to operate those sites, products and services.
You can delete your applicable account or ask us to change or correct any data we have about you by contacting us at [email protected]; however, please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in our records to the extent necessary to protect our legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements. Please also note that your username, which consists of your first and last name (without spacing), can not be change. Changing it requires the creation of a new account.
Smilang may revise, modify or update this policy. We may notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your particular Smilang.com account or by placing a prominent notice on our site. You are encouraged to check this policy frequently for any changes as your continued use of Smilang’s services indicates your consent to such changes.
If you have a privacy concern regarding Smilang, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of those sites, products or services, you can write to us by email at [email protected]